Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Recent Projects

Here are a few of my recent projects.
This is our FHE chart. I cut the lettering with my vinyl cutter.

I let each of the kids pick scrapbook paper for their nametag. I had so much fun making these! Their names are out of vinyl as well. They love to move their tag each Monday after FHE. Kyler knows that his is the green one, and sometimes moves it more than neccesary!




This is a pillow/blanket that I made Kayden for his "quiet time" at school.

He can fold up the attached blanket and tuck it into the dinosaur pillow.
I have wanted to make a demin quilt out of old jeans for SO LONG! One day I just started hacking away at a box of old jeans and decided that Kayden would be the lucky recipiant. I put a few pockets here and there and they are my favorite part!

The back is out of the striped flanel that I used for the stars on the front.

I am now working on one for Kyler that I am super excited about. I will post pictures when I'm done!



WARNING: For those who are thinking of making a rag quilt out of denim, my hand is still recovering from all the cutting and sniping that is required to complete the project - but it is worth it!


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Totally cute Summer! You little homemaker you! Man, I just got done making 25 bean bags for the Nursery at church and I feel like my head is going to explode!