Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Primary Cookies!

I have been the Primary Chorister since January of this year and absolutely love it! To get the kids to learn the songs a little better, I gave them a CD with all the songs on it and told them to listen to them every week. For every time that they listened to the CD, they would get to put a bean in their "music jar" every Sunday. I told them when they filled up their jars, they would get a surprise! They finally filled their jars right before their primary program, so I ordered a cookie cutter shaped as a music note and made 100 sugar cookies!! I had flour, frosting and chocolate sprinkles from one side of my kitchen to the other! It was so worth it to see these smiling faces!!

Junior Primary


Senior Primary
I love these kids so much and am so proud of the AWESOME job they did at this years Primary Program! Always remember: You are all Children of God - Keep singing!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Fun idea! And . . . STOP, STOP, STOP with your TOTALLY gorgeous kids! I love the new family pictures! ABSOLUTELY love the new haircut!

Jennybug said...

I'm in the Primary too and the program always seems to bring out the very best in the kids. I love it! We do a CD too, but never have a way to check how much they use it. I like your idea though, and will suggest it to our music leader.

Jennybug said...

Just realized this is the same place for family pics comments. Your kids are so beautiful! You and Bill aren't half bad either! :)